Last week I just scratched the surface talking about women in ministry and positions of leadership in the church. This week I want to follow up with a look into the Scriptures to see what they say about women in ministry. Here are a few questions I’ll address…
1. Is it Biblical for a woman to be a pastor/preacher?
2. Is it Biblical for a woman to be in authority over a man?
3. What does it mean for the man to be “the head” over the woman?
4. Are women supposed to be silent in the church?
5. Are women allowed to pray and prophesy in the church?
6. What does Jesus think about women?
7. What shaped our view of women in ministry?
As I began writing this article I realized it was quite a lengthy article. So, I have made that post available to download. I’m still learning the technical aspects of blogging. Writing is one thing. Figuring out how to make a website work is a different animal altogether.
If you have had questions about women in minstry. If these are questions that have crossed your mind. Please take the time to download this article, get your Bible out and ask God to show you what He wants you to know. I hope it will bless you and that you will pray for the women you know that have a calling on their life to preach the gospel or hold positions of leadership in the church.
To all the women that have a calling on their life to preach the gospel or lead in the church… I want to encourage you to keep going. Don’t let obstacles stop you or slow you down. Continue to pray and prepare so when God is ready to open the door for you… you’ll be ready.
It’s the little things we do each day that prepare us for ministry. Stay faithful in Bible reading, prayer and sharing Jesus with everyone you find that needs Him.
Blessings and many years of ministry ahead!
Download from the link below.